The Partnership has been involved with the
design and construction of buildings for Further Education,
since the early 1960's.
Southampton University (1959 - 1991):
To accommodate the growing numbers of students and research
staff, 280,00 sq m of academic space was provided initially,
with an additional 2,500 car parking spaces. The continuing
growth of the University required more buildings and in recent
years the Micro Fibre and Electronics Building was added.
Sussex University (1962 - 1975):
The Principal buildings are planned around a Great Court and
expand away from it in terraces up the valley slopes. The
design of the first buildings was commissioned in 1959, and
the construction of Falmer House and the Physics Building
was started in 1962.
Several of these buildings have now been Listed by the Department
of the Environment as significant 20th Century Architecture
and Buildings of Architectural Importance.
Teesside Polytechnic (1971 - 1978):
JSBP was originally commissioned to carry out a comprehensive
development plan to facilitate the growth from 1,600 to 6,750
students, in 10 years. Following this, the Partnership designed
and supervised the construction of several new buildings .
Sha Tin Training Centre, Hong Kong (1986 - 1989):
On a compact site there are 2,500 students with 34,000 sq
m of accommodation. Access is provided by open walkways which
also provide shading to the buildings. The main buildings
consist of 3 open-ended courtyards.